When my kiddos came home from the hospital with their feeding pumps they were given some backpacks to carry their pumps in. We have worn them out, dragged them everywhere, spilled lots of formula in them, washed them to death, pealed out the lining, exhausted the zippers and you get the idea. So I started looking on-line and found some replacements on amazon....for $150 a piece!!!
This discovery led me to the tubie online community where I found Pumpkin Packs. This little business is owned by some tubie parents who are crafty enough to develop some practical and affordable products for those dependent on feeding tubes.
And lets be honest....they're way more fun!!
And they came just in time to be a new incentive for feeding times.
About a week ago Ethan started crying and telling me he didn't want his tube feeding every afternoon when I would hook him up. I thought this day might come, but until now they've been incredibly good about sitting still for feedings and water flushes. Hopefully Ethan will want to wear this backpack so he can be mobile during his feedings. We'll see, as it's still rather heavy for our little man.
We love and are very thankful for our new 'food bags'!
Journeying On,

0 comments:
Post a Comment