Early afternoon this symbolic reminder toppled to the floor...it seemed way too fitting for the events that had unfolded throughout the morning.
I logged on to our health insurance account yesterday morning to see if any files had been uploaded about our pending preauthorization for the inpatient feeding program. And this is what I saw....
Hope was stirred...
But I didn't see one for Ethan....so I called. After three hours on the phone with the insurance company and the feeding clinic I learned that the doctor to doctor consult had taken place on Wednesday; and that the insurance company was upholding their decision to deny coverage for the inpatient feeding program at Kennedy Krieger Institute.
After that, more than just our small sign of 'hope' seemed broken...
We will now start the appeal process and perhaps look into the outpatient day program that they have, but it seems like a long road and hard fight; always with more questions than answers.
When my 'hope' sign came flying off the shelf shortly after, I almost laughed at the irony...
Perhaps I have placed to much hope in a feeding clinic as the miracle answer for my kids, when there is only one place to put hope. While medical professionals can be a great resource and tool, they are not worthy of affections intended only for our God. Of course, I'm sad and frustrated that we aren't headed to Baltimore right now, but today my hope is in our Sovereign God who intends only good towards His children.
Thanks to the powerful ministry of the Spirit (and a little superglue), hope is restored as we press on in this journey towards Eternity.
I am counting on the Lord;
yes, I am counting on him.
I have put my hope in his word.
Psalm 130:5
Journeying On,

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing, Sara.
ReplyDeleteThe Lord gave you a timely and powerful image, for sure. Will keep praying for God's best to be done and for strength to persevere and hope during the waiting...
ReplyDelete