September 4, 2013
Good Bye G-tube!!!
After 3 years, 4 months and 29 days this girl said goodbye to her gtube today!! Addison has gone over three months without using it all and has had adequate weight gain, which are the only requirements for removal. We weren't sure that it would be removed today, so I told her we were just going to talk to the doctor about it. But when she heard they were taking it out she was beyond exciting declaring she was finally a big girl:)
Many tears, hours of therapy and many meal times have helped get us to this amazing milestone today. However, I'm convinced that God heard our cry to heal our girl of reflux, oral aversion and gtube dependence. Not only does Addison eat now, she enjoys eating. That is so like our God....he didn't just heal the way we prayed, but far beyond our prayers. More abundantly than anything we've asked or thought (Eph 3:20).
PS-I have a post stirring about our new little man, I just have sooo many pictures to sort through first:)
Journeying On,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Praise the Lord !!!! Thank you Jesus !!! He has heard our prayers and once again, He never fails !! This is so awesome. I am crying tears of joy right now as I read this about Addison. Jesus is so good. I love the picture of her after it was taken out. What a great smile she has !!!! Happiness is.........
ReplyDeleteLove you Addison,
Lannie and Blackie
Praise the Lord !!!! Thank you Jesus !!! He has heard our prayers and once again, He never fails !! This is so awesome. I am crying tears of joy right now as I read this about Addison. Jesus is so good. I love the picture of her after it was taken out. What a great smile she has !!!! Happiness is.........
ReplyDeleteLove you Addison,
Lannie and Blackie