Seems a little bold to be publishing my 2014 resolutions on the internet, especially since I'm not really a fan of resolutions. Yes, it's probably because I've failed so many and who likes being set up for failure? But really, as I spent the first weeks of the new year reflecting on what I want to get out of 2014 I decided to take the advice I've heard from almost every empty nester I've come in contact with since becoming a mom: enjoy them while they're little. They grow up way too fast. So I'm resolving 2014 to be a year of playing more board games, tickling and wrestling, dressing up, dance parties, imagining and creating masterful art projects. A year of intentional disciple making of the three little people in my home by simply playing and learning together. My prayer is that 2014 will be a year of playing and pointing them to Jesus. And a year of praying they choose Jesus for themselves, because after all they grow up way to fast so I want to enjoy them while they're still little.
I confess there have already been several moments in 2014 where hurtful words have been spoken, patience has dried up and the playing has been stopped. But I've found that doesn't mean I've already failed my resolutions for 2014 because it turns out there is grace enough for angry hearts, impatient tongues and overtired preschoolers/toddler. And only because God's saving grace to me through Jesus Christ has filled me up can each of these seemingly failures be tools for learning and disciple making. So here's to a year of more failures, but much more grace and lots and lots of playing!
Journeying On,

0 comments:
Post a Comment