July 21, 2011

It's No Mistake

As we've tried to transition back to "normal" this week, I've had some time to reflect on the events that have unfolded over the past few weeks.  There is still much to process and understand, and some of it might not happen this side of heaven.  But one thing I have become certain of is that God is guiding every tiny step of our journey, and he was preparing my heart before the storm.

It is no mistake...
...that Jared was in Nicaragua on a mission's trip, requiring me to solely depend on God as comforter, rather than Jared.
...that the night before Ethan's doctor's appointment and hospital admission neither of the kids were sleeping, so as I listened to them cry themselves to sleep the Lord had me reading James 1.
...that a month before I was prompted by the story of another local girl and was looking into joining the bone marrow registry.
...that my heart and mind were already thinking about living away from home for several weeks as we prepared for Baltimore (a trip that is obviously on hold, thankfully we don't loose our acceptance or place on the waiting list).

These are just a few of the places God has allowed me to see His perfect hand of guidance and love.  My mind is filled daily with little things, prayers and scriptures to fill up our faith box; many of which have come from your words and encouragement.  What joy my heart has been able to know because of the Spirit's work on behalf of your prayers....it truly is indescribable peace. 

On a side note, Ethan has loved being reunited with his sister and playing at home.  I have to remind myself that he is sick because he does not look it and he certainly doesn't act like it.  His counts have continued to drop this week and will be rechecked tomorrow.  So far they've remained high enough to avoid a transfussion. 

We continue to plead with the Father...
-That His Holy name would be glorified
-That He would provide the perfect match for Ethan
-For Ethan to continue to fight of the daily germs he encounters and not become sick
-His blood levels to remain high enough to avoid a transfusion (they are dropping little by little everyday)
-For his PICC line to remain usable so he can avoid sticks

Journeying On,

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 21, 2011

    Hey Sara! I went to Medic Tuesday and got on the registry. Chip and I have appointments next Tuesday to donate platelets in Ethan's name. We know God is at work and are so hopeful!
    I want to swab the inside of everyone's cheeks these days....I'm sure you do, too!
    Praying.
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. How honoring your prayers are to God Sara...so thankful you are willing to look for glimpses of His love in the midst of all this...I think of your family often and pray when He brings you to mind.

    ReplyDelete