August 15, 2011

Boy with the Balloon

I was walking out of a store last week when something caught my eye.  I'm not usually a knick-knack collector, but this time was different.  The minute I touched it, the tears came.  It was a gift from the Father, a tangible reminder of His sovereignty and love for me, His child. 




Although this figure is faceless, he seems to have an expression of joy to me.  Just like my little boy is so joyful in his innocence.  With arms lifted in worship, he is holding on to hope.  And so as I hold on to hope, I am challenged to hold on with joy and worship in my heart and on my face.  After all, I have much to be joyful about, much to worship the Father for, and an eternity to hope for!

For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. -Romans 8:24-26

PS-We're still waiting on some medical records, a swallow study and any "better" matches to come up.  Once these things are taken care of we'll repeat his bone marrow biopsy and get a date for transplant.  Last week ALL of his levels were "unexplainably" normal (although, we can explain it through the power of our Almighty)! 

Journeying On,

3 comments:

  1. Heather King got that lil guy for me as a birthday gift back many moons ago when i still lived over there... i will pray for Ethan everytime i walk past it.
    thanks for keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Sara, and I'm so glad that GOD put it where you would see it and know it was for YOU. "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights ..." James 1:17. Another evidence that you and Jared and Ethan and Addison are so loved by Him! I love it when He does that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to me Sara that it is also a reminder of how strong that wonderful little boy is with everything he has been through. Thank God for his love, and thank you for sharing your beautiful babies with all of us. XOXO

    ReplyDelete