August 3, 2011

Life Sustainer

We've been visiting our hematologist/oncologist on a regular basis to keep an eye on Ethan's levels.  At every check up we've been praying that his levels would be high enough not to need a transfusion and so far they've been barely acceptable....until yesterday.

Tuesday, Ethan's lab work was fantastic! Almost all of his numbers were in the normal range and it looks like his bone marrow is actually producing normal, healthy cells.  I asked our doctor if he knew what would cause his body to suddenly start functioning normaly and as he scratched his head he said, "I guess all of those prayers must be working." 

Yes!  The Lord hears and is moved with compassion when he hears the cries of His children.  There are no doctors to praise or medicine to credit; just the healing, life sustaining power of our Heavenly Father. 





**Thanks so much for the prayers! Just to clarify (I've had a few questions)... Ethan's diagnosis and need for a transplant has not changed, but we are celebrating surprisingly good health and stability in the meantime. Thanks again for rejoicing and praying with us!**

Journeying On,

8 comments:

  1. WOW!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! So happy for all of you! Especially little man!
    -Melissa Holloway <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge blessing! complete with testimony of God's goodness to the doctor. Love it. God is SO good! I'll be praying the lab reports continue to be positive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is totally awesome Sara. We have been praying for him and you. (Tami's dad)

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is good!
    (I'm a friend of Tami's)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great! I have been praying and will continue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praising Him for this victory and praying for all that He WILL CONTINUE TO DO! love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praising God for His faithfulness!!! May the world know that the God of the universe can do all things. He is limitless!!! He loves Ethan and your family so much and has marked your family for a special purpose so that the world can glorify the One who gives life to all. You are continually in our prayers, and we rejoice with you in this wonderful news!

    Peace & Blessings,
    Todd, Cindy, Zach, Tucker, and Cooper Conant

    ReplyDelete