November 8, 2011

Congratulations

Congrats are in order to my super awesome, older brother
This past weekend he graduated from a very intense, 55 week training
He is officially a pilot for the United States Air Force
Turns out it doesn't matter if you total 4 cars in college,
the government will still put you behind
a $14 million dollar plane if you train for it:)

Jared held down the fort at home with Ethan and Addison
And I spent some quality time with family...

We all got to try out the simulator (aka. giant video game)...






Toured various parts of the base...






Got to see the planes he's been training on all year...










Graduation and pinning of his wings..





He'll be flying the F-16 in just a few short months







Thank you Captain Nathaniel Halley for your service!  And to Joyel, because we know he couldn't make it without your great cooking and support:) I'm so proud of you!

Journeying On,

7 comments:

  1. That is soo neat! I am so glad you got to go Sara! Way to go Nathan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie ChastainNovember 09, 2011

    I love the look on your dad's face in the simulator! He looks like a little kid at Christmas. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!!!! Every little boy's dream! And yes, I had you in the nursery when you were that little boy... We are all so proud of you, Nathan! And Joyel! And you know the USAF holds a *very* very special place in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting. I'm glad you got to be there. And after 4 cars, I hope that plane has insurance. :) It looks like a "good fit" for him! Really glad you could all experience that together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandie ChastainNovember 09, 2011

    Congrats, Nathan. We are so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome accomplishment for Nathan and Joyel. I am happy you were able to attend. It is always good to know we have superior young people like Nathan helping protect our great nation. Thanks Nathan! Praying God's hand continue to rest upon you and Joyel. Marla Berry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, definitely impressive! Congrats to Nathan!

    ReplyDelete