April 10, 2012

Living in Fear

Several months ago I loaded Ethan into the car for an unscheduled blood test prompted by momma's intuition and some bruising on his legs. As I drove towards the highway I frustratingly asked God when I would stop having to fear these tests.  When would God give me peace about Ethan's journey?  How many more times would I buckle him in his seat belt for this dreaded trip?  Would I always look at his bruised toddler legs and wonder if our season of healing was ending?  Will I always...

I was cut off before I reached the on ramp...

Today....choose not to live in fear today.
And then tomorrow, choose it again. 


It was as if Jesus slammed on my parking break before I could drive through anymore of Satan's lies.  If I hadn't been driving I would have crawled under my seat out of humiliation.  How had I been so foolish as to doubt my loving Father?


God has asked me to see these little bruises differently.  As reminders of his love and care for Ethan, myself and our family.  They remind me that our God is not sitting by, waiting to see what happens.  He sees every mark.  This is love because "He has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and discipline."

Choosing today not to live in fear
And with his Spirit of power, love and discipline I'll choose it again tomorrow.

Journeying On,

0 comments:

Post a Comment