January 24, 2013

Thankful Thursday/ Pray With Us

for the many normal blood counts I've posted over the last year

for a place to share

Ethan has been having routine blood work for the past 18 months to keep an eye on his MDS/Monosomy 7 (you can read Ethan's Story and read 'newer posts' to see how things have been going).  Basically since March of 2012 he's had almost completely normal blood counts, baffling the doctors.  About two weeks ago Ethan was sick, so I took him to our primary care where they did some labs and found his platelet count to be below normal, but this can sometimes happen when you're body is fighting a virus (which he was) and his other counts were pretty normal.  

Yesterday we had our monthly appointment with his hematologist/oncologist and the labs that came back weren't great.  His platelets have dropped more and his red counts have also dropped.  Our doctor said there is a slight chance that his body is still recovering from the flu/pneumonia he was fighting earlier in the month.  It is possible that because of his bone marrow condition it will take his body longer to recover from a virus.  However, our doctor was quick to say that this could also be his MDS/Monosomy 7 rearing back up.   
We'll recheck his levels in a couple of weeks and also consult with his doctor at Vanderbilt to make sure he doesn't want any additional testing done right now.  

And so with great humility we're asking that you pray with us. Pray with us for continued healing and strength in Ethan's body.  Pray that fear and discouragement will not be found in our home as we trust in the sovereignty of our God.

Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "the Lord is my portion;
therefor I will wait for him."
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him.
Lamentations 3:21-25

Journeying On,

2 comments:

  1. It's been WAY too long since I've stopped by to check in...I was thinking about you all tonight and now...will stop to pray.
    His love for you and the little ones is so great...praying you sense Him close tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Kara! Love your precious prayers for us!

      Delete