January 24, 2011

25

Well, this past weekend I turned 25 and am feeling much more like an adult than I did last year:)  We had a great weekend of celebrating and I'm so thankful for my family and friends for making me feel so loved and special!  If you're reading this, you're probably one of those people, so thank you!

There is one thing I'm used to getting for my birthday that I didn't get this year, and each birthday I don't get it I'm realizing how much I miss it.  It's not extravagant or expensive, and sometimes it doesn't even rhyme. That's right, it's a poem.  My Papa was a self proclaimed poet when it came to his grandkids' birthdays, graduations and anniversaries.  I found myself digging through some old boxes this weekend and pulling out a few.  Here's what I found:

1-21-2004
Eighteen is a wonderful age
In the classroom or on the stage.

Graduation soon and in college to be,
Serving our Lord thru eternity.

We've enjoyed seeing you spiritually grow.
From your heart love of God shows.

Many family memories will last
And your spirit a shadow will cast.

Look ahead to the good you can give
And you will enjoy the life you live.


10-28-06
Congratulations! One year has gone by.
Can't slow the calendar if you try.

Just one year of many years to follow.
Whether you are at school, work or on a pillow.

Wish we could visit more.
As we would come knocking on your door.

Life together is really great.
Better than your first date.

God will bless you both you know.
With Christ as Lord your faces will glow.

Your legacy of a Christ centered life lives on!



1 comment:

  1. Sara, what precious poems! And what an amazing legacy your Papa has left. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete