January 16, 2012

Divine Intervention

Today was blood work day for our little man.  I've come to expect no changes; normal blood counts for the past few months. I fully believe that God is giving us a season of health and rest, but I know it can last a few more weeks or years.  However, I would be lying if I said I had no concern taking him into his appointment today.

One possible explanation we had been given in the fall was that a viral infection triggered the rapid decline he experienced in the summer.  That a virus lowered his white count and then his healthy bone marrow cells just couldn't keep up and were overrun with Monosomy 7 cells.  A little over a week ago Ethan was really sick with a virus, which is what led to my concern as we walked into the office today.

The results: every number is perfectly normal!

As I talked with our doctor I asked him if he had any new thoughts or insights into Ethan's health (we haven't seen him since Ethan's last biopsy).  He explained that it was not due to the immune suppressant therapy he received in July, because that is all completely out of his body now.  And it seems now that a virus lowering his white blood count doesn't seem to trigger a relapse.  Then he continued by saying, "I'm not sure I'm allowed to say this as a medical professional, but right now I'm going with Divine intervention."

I told him absolutely he was allowed, and should say it.  I thanked him for acknowledging it; for sharing it with me.  He does not believe in Jesus, but he is seeing Jesus at work.

Last week I was begging for our family to be healthy and social again.  This week I am rejoicing that God used a couple of sick weeks to remove all doubt and any excuse that would be in the way of Him getting the glory for the mighty work he has done.

Ascribe to the Lord, you heavenly beings,
    ascribe to the Lord, glory and strength.
Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name;
    worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness.
-Psalm 29:1-2

Journeying On,

4 comments:

  1. Praise God. Thanks for Sharing. Bill Roop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am completely celebrating and rejoicing with your family today. How amazing our God is!!
    Susan Stinnett

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart is full for you. Amazing. Unexplainable. So like God. Rejoicing with you all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanking God for His faithfulness and goodness. Continued blessings to you all.

    The Conant Family

    ReplyDelete