I talked to Ethan's doctor late yesterday about the results from the bone marrow biopsy he had almost two weeks ago. The test was about the same as it was in December. It showed no leukemia, which is always a huge praise!! He still had cells showing Monosomy 7, which continues to be concerning. It is hard to tell if it is increasing or decreasing because the sample they evaluate is so small compared to the total amount of bone marrow. We will continue with monthly blood work unless our doctor in Nashville thinks differently after reading the biopsy report. Our doctor here in Knoxville reminded me that the fact his blood work was almost normal is a great encouragement because his body is still able to sustain itself. In reality we know that it is our Great Physician that is sustaining him. We are thankful for this report and will press on into this unknown journey; confident that our Lord knows each step.
O, Lord my God, you have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. You have no equal. If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them -Psalm 40:5
Journeying On,

So thankful to read this...
ReplyDeleteThough I realize it also still leaves some unanswered questions. Praying you can truly rejoice in this and will continue to pray for His strength as you walk through those monthly tests.
I love the verse you chose to share Sara.
Thank you, Kara! Always love your encouragement!!
Delete